Mittenwald – pure Upper Bavaria!
100 km south of Munich. Located at nearly 1000 m above ground in the gorges Upper Isar-Valley.
Clear mountain-air for you to breeth in deeply. Crystal clear mountain lakes .Tons of leisure facilities for the whole family
all year round.Closely experience cultivated tradition and Bavarian life.Upper Bavaria at its best.
Mittenwald - one of the most beautiful and original mountain villages in the Alps.
World famous for its violin makers history. Picturesque townscape dominated by alpine architecture including the famous „Lüftlmalerei“. Pure cultivated tradition all year round.
Tons of leisure facilities for the whole family all year round:
- breathtaking long, leisure walks or Alpine hikes inside Karwendel- and Wetterstein-mountains.
- Nordic walking
- cable car ride to the top of Karwendel
- chairlift experience to the top of Kranzberg
- excursion to the “top of Germany” – Zugspitze
- excursion to the capitol of tyrol – Innsbruck
- horse riding for kids and young adults at the stud Schmalensee
- visit the museum for violin making (directly opposite the holiday flats)
- experience cultivated tradition all year long (Bavarian carnival, maypole festival, Bozner market, parish fair, Christmas market etc)
- a paradise for mountain bike tours of all skill levels (i.e. Transalp start in Mittenwald)
- take an unmatchable dip into crystal clear mountain lakes
- climbing at the Karwendel- and Wetterstein Area
- windsurfing at the lake Walchensee
- cross-country skiing starting from right in front of the door
- a family friendly alpine ski resort
- a fantastic free-ride track at Germany's longest free-ride downhill „Dammkar“
- skiing in the Olympic park in Garmisch including “top of Germany” Zugspitze
- skiing in Seefeld, Tyrol
- ice skating
- Bavarian curling
find out more details here www.alpenwelt-karwendel.de/ausflugsziele